As books are beginning to come home from the library, here are a few helpful tips for taking care of books at home:
1. Keep books in a safe place, especially if you have pets who like to chew on books! My younger Golden Retriever, Bailey, recently chewed up one of my books, reminding me how important it is to keep books out of her reach.
2. Read books with clean hands.
3. Try to choose a certain place to always keep your library book. This will help prevent lost books at home.
4. Try to avoid reading your library book near food or drinks.
5. Use a bookmark if you need to save your page.
6. Accidents happen! If your book gets damaged at home, bring it to Miss Vitti right away so that it can be repaired correctly. Please do not try to fix the book at home, Miss Vitti has all the tools to repair damaged books.
7. Remember when your library day is! Keep a note on the refrigerator or another visible place with your library day on it.
Thank you for helping to keep our library books safe!