During their library visit today, the kindergartners were able to see some books that made Mrs. Parker sad: ones that have damages that keep them from being borrowed anymore! These include books with a lot of rips as well as books that have sticky food damages. We talked about ways to keep these damages from happening when they bring their books home!
Some of the important book care tips we discussed were:
1. Keep our library books in safe places away from pets and food.
2. Turn the pages carefully from the corner to avoid ripping our books.
3. Make sure our hands are clean when we read our books.
4. Read our books with family and friends.
5. Remember to return our books on Wednesday (library day). That way we get to choose new ones to borrow and someone else can bring the ones we returned home to enjoy!
It was so exciting to see the kindergartners choosing books to bring home today! I look forward to hearing about their first school library book and seeing what they choose next time!